Infant Sleep & Settling
Learning to communicate with your baby and understand their needs can be overwhelming. We often say to parents that it is like learning a new language. Sleep is often made to be more complex than it needs to be and we offer personal or group workshops to help you navigate your baby’s sleep.
We Will Empower You With Knowledge About…
- Normal sleep in infants and children
- Understanding how and why sleep happens and the importance of sleep (this is for everyone not just babies)
- What influences sleep including development and the maturation of sleep
- Learning your baby’s language – understanding different cues and cries
- Strategies to enhance your baby’s sleep
- Attachment / responsive-based parenting
- What are the different types of behavioural sleep training strategies you may hear about
- Looking after yourself and putting support in place
- Common areas where parents may struggle with their babies sleep and how to help
Infant Sleep & Settling Services
We offer a one-on-one consultation with you to assess your needs and develop strategies that will work for you and your family. Please allow at least 1 ½ hours for the session and the cost is $160. We encourage both parents / carers to attend if possible. We provide follow up and hand outs as part of this consultation price.
We also offer group sessions where can tailor the content based on the needs of the group. These are great for mothers’ groups, groups of friends or new parents and grandparents. The cost is $85 per person with a minimum of four people and a maximum of eight. These sessions run for approximately 2 – 2 ½ hours and are held in our studio in the Samford Valley. Refreshments and hand outs provided.